Looking for a 20 minute meal that’s not too filling but satisfying enough? Try tandoori chicken on naan with cooling mint and cucumber yoghurt (-raita).
Ingredients – for the chicken (makes four mini naans for two people):
- Cayenne pepper powder
- Chilli powder
- Dried or fresh ginger
- Garlic powder
- Fresh corriander.
- 2 chicken breasts (-prawns also work well).
Ingredients for the yoghurt:
- Natural yoghurt
- 1/3 of a cucumber
- A handful of fresh mint
4 mini naan bread for serving.
- Blend a handful of fresh mint in a food processor, or alternatively you may chop the mint leaves very finely with a knife.
- Brunoise (to dice into tiny cubes) the cucumber.
- Combine 200g of natural yogurt along with the prepared cucumber and Mint. Stir well. Refrigerate until serving time.
- To a food processor add a teaspoon of salt, a teaspoon of each of the spices, half a handful or corriander leaves, 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 3 tablespoons of water. Blend until a slightly thick paste is formed. Leave for later use.
- Wash and cut the chicken breasts into thumb-sized pieces. Marinade the chicken with most, but not all of the tandoori paste.
- On a low-medium heat, fry the chicken in a wok or shallow frying pan. Add a little oil if the paste makes the chicken stick to the pan.
- Once the chicken is almost cooked throughly, reduce to a low heat combining the remainder of the tandoori paste with the chicken.
- Meanwhile heat the mini naan breads in an oven or microwave, this should only take a minute or two.
- On two plates, give each person two mini naan breads. Top each naan bread with the tandoori chicken, followed by a covering of mint and cucumber yoghurt. Garnish with coriander leaves.
If you want the meal to be more filling, mix some basmati rice into the tandoori chicken.
Leave a Reply