The Night Time Routine is one of the most enjoyable anticipated parts of a day for me; whether it takes five minutes long or is an hour full of relaxation. I don’t have the best memory, although I am almost certain that I haven’t dedicated an entire blog post to my Night Time Routine prior to this one; rather just briefly referring to it in skincare routine posts. The days were I take the time to do the ‘full works’ self-care requires plenty of products which I can hopefully suggest or introduce to you.
Grab a hot drink, and I hope you have a lovely evening with an equally pleasant night routine.
- Recently I have been drinking peppermint tea as a natural relaxant an hour or so before going to bed. I used to take herbal sleeping pills, the downside being a pot provides only a few weeks worth of tablets meaning repurchasing them regularly works out as expensive; besides guidelines indicate that they are a temporary solution for sleeping problems. Peppermint tea may not be a reliable source for gaining a better quality of rest every night, however I deem it to have more benefits that going to bed without in taking anything. Twinings is always a trustworthy brand for herbal and fruit infused teas. The aromas are invigorating and the taste is more intense than compared to other well known producers.
- I have mentioned the products I use for double cleansing numerous times, so I won’t bore you with repetition. On ‘pampering days’, which are once or twice per week, I use a clay mask directly after cleansing. On Christmas Day I purchased the Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask – potentially one of the most popularly sold clay masks among Korean highstreet/drugstore brands. I already knew how well received this product is especially as I had used the original version a few years ago back in the UK. Not only is this a clay mask which cleans pores, reduces pore size and absorbs sebum without dehydrating skin; it additionally has volcanic debris within itself acting as a non overly abrasive exfoliant as you rinse off the mask. Using it has reduced skin textural issues which previously reoccured. Another factor I must mention in case anyone was wondering, is that it’s perfectly suitable for sensitive skin. Infact it’s one of the only clay masks I have used without experiencing any form of irritation.
- Considering that the clay mask takes 15-20 minutes to dry, I use this time to catch up on fellow blogger’s uploads; not just on WordPress but also on other platforms which I access through links shared on Twitter. Currently I am enjoying reading about people’s attempts to adopt a vegan or plant-based lifestyle. I’m not a vegan, neither a vegetarian, just picking up a few tips here and there is something I would like to incorporate into my life for improving my health.
- After rinsing off the clay mask I apply the Nature Republic Greentinol Multi Toner to balance skin’s PH levels in preparation for absorbing the essence of a sheet mask. I like this toner because it’s not too watery and doesn’t seem to contain traces of alcohol. It is supposed to be applied with the use of a cotton pad, but I find that that just wastes product.
- I don’t have a preference for the brand of sheet mask, as long as it’s affordable and has ingredients that I know work well for my skin then I’m satisfied. Most of the time I will opt for either a green tea, aloe vera, tea tree, pomegranate, collagen or blueberry sheet mask from Innisfree, Natureby, Mediheal, Garnier or The Face Shop.
- I have been returning to The Wind in the Willows on and off for too long, literally for half a year plus. I think the issue is reading it via a tablet or Kindle. I miss being able to physically hold a book, and lay down with it effortlessly: an electronic ebook just doesn’t give that comforting feel. I can’t wait to bring my unread books from the UK back to Korea when I visit London next month. I’m very tempted to just import an English book online (- not suitable for money saving).
- Finally after wearing the sheet mask and keeping myself occupied, I spread a thin layer of emulsion all over my face particularly paying attention to the undereye areas. I have various emulsion free samples to use, yet persist to use the Nature Republic Super Aqua Max White Cross Watrful Emulsion. The formula maintains a dewy texture without tackiness.
I usually finish the night by getting a head start on blog posts for the next day. Let me know in the comments what products you use for pampering sessions.
Leave a Reply